Online Classes will be continuing over the summer holidays. Please book here. You can purchase classes in bulk at a discount.
Classes are open to anyone aged 18 years and over - all members of the University of Cambridge and members of the public.
CUBC Covid Guidelines
We kindly ask that you adhere to our CUBC Covid-19 community guidelines when attending our classes. Anyone who is not following these guidelines may be asked to leave.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Wear a face covering when entering and leaving facilities.
- Maintain a 2 m distance from others.
- Do not attend class if you are awaiting a coronavirus test, you are currently required to self-isolate for any reason, or suspect you may have coronavirus symptoms, including but not limited to:
- High temperature
- A new continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of taste or smell
- If you develop symptoms or are confirmed Covid positive after attending a class, please report the case to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take appropriate action. Your identity will remain anonymous and no personal details will be released to any club members.
- Stay informed on current UK guidelines by visiting: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Wipe down any surfaces you touch before and after use, using CUBC provided cleaning supplies.
- Report accurate and up-to-date contact information on class sign-up forms. This will be crucial to conducting track and trace measures if necessary.
- Follow all CUBC Covid guidelines and teacher instructions. You may be asked to leave if you are not adhering to the CUBC Covid guidelines
- Arrive to class in your dance attire, as changing and toilet facilities may not be available.
- Bring a water bottle with you to class and do not drink straight out of the taps.
- If you are a high-risk or vulnerable population, or you are in contact with someone who is, consider attending one of our virtual classes rather than our in-person classes.
- Only attend classes which you have pre-booked using the ticketing system.
- Pay for classes using card/contactless. The CUBC is no longer accepting cash payments.
- Notify email@example.com 24 hours in advance if you would like to cancel a class booking.
- We have a limited number of class spaces available. If you have booked and are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so we can give your slot to someone else.
- Do not stay after class and socialize in groups of more than six.
- For the safety of all our students and teachers, please adhere to government guidelines regarding Covid in your daily life, as well as during our classes.
Online Classes: Tips, tricks, and disclaimer
For virtual classes, you are responsible for your own personal risk assessment.
Each person taking part should assess the activity and decide if it is suitable for them, with regards to their ability, fitness, and personal surroundings.
- You are required to perform your own risk assessment of your dancing space. Consider:
- Are your floors safe for dancing?
- Use caution on slippery floors
- Repeated jumping on hard floors can cause pain in the shins and knees
- Is your barre secure?
- Is the area around you clear?
- Be mindful of furniture, walls, uneven flooring, and housemates
- If necessary, how will you acquire medical assistance?
- Are your floors safe for dancing?
- Only perform steps you are comfortable with
- Don’t do a step at home if you wouldn’t do it in the studio.
- Do not do pointe at home if you are a beginner or if your floors are not suitable
- You can adapt steps to your level!
- Example: If you’re not comfortable turning, you can do a balance instead. If you’re not comfortable doing a step on demi-pointe, you can do it on flat. Ask your teacher for suggestions or alternate steps.
- Due to safety concerns there will be NO VIRTUAL BEGINNER POINTE CLASSES. Do not do pointe at home if you do not have any experience en pointe.
- If you have slick floors, consider purchasing a home practice mat like this one: https://www.danceandstage.co.uk/home-practice-dance-mats
- If you have space, you could also consider purchasing a home barre, like this one: https://www.newitts.com/beemat-studio-ballet-barre
- Mute yourself during class
- Click on “Speaker View” to enlarge the teacher’s window and/or "Pin" the teacher's video.